We use our in-house facilities to print all hard copy music ordered on our website and to serve the print/ship needs of external composers/arrangers such as Wycliffe Gordon and Andrew Boysen.
Our customers enjoy the following benefits with our Print & Ship Service:
- We professionally print music (imposition, parts, page turns, score binding, etc.) with great quality and do it every day
- Economical pricing
- Can mail music to you or direct to your customers
- Simplify your life – Avoid trips to the copy center, stop dealing with print counter personnel that don’t know the difference between a quarter note and a quarter keg!
- No more trips to the post office
- Reduce equipment/supplies cost and clutter if doing your own printing – paper, toner, binding, envelopes, packing slips, machines, etc.
What we print for each musical work
- All parts including any multiples (e.g. 8 copies of Violin I for the section) or alternate parts needed (e.g. Trumpet in B♭ alt. for Trumpet in C, etc.)
- Color or grayscale covers on white, 80lb card stock.
- Black and white score pages on Tabloid, Legal, Concert or Letter (depending on score size) white 28lb paper. From octavo to tabloid and every size in between.
- Saddle-stitched binding for smaller scores. Black spiral coil binding for larger scores.
- 1-page parts on white 68 lb. letter size paper
- Multi-page parts on white 28 lb. tabloid and folded/saddle-stitched
- Orchestral page size can be made Concert size (9 x12) upon request
- Delivery via USPS with tracking number provided to you
- Order typically ship within 1 business day from when we receive the complete order information and source PDFs
Packing Slip included with order
- Your branding or Art of Sound Music Branding
- Your return address or Art of Sound Music
- PDF of score and parts, ready for imposition/printing in DropBox
- PDF of cover in DropBox
- List retail price
Cost to You
- On a per piece basis….we charge you 20% of your list (i.e. non-discounted) price or $5, whichever is higher. Includes paper, printing, binding, covers, packing materials…all materials and labor. If the piece has no price or is under-priced, we will determine a fair market price. There are no setup fees, no handling fees, and no imposition fees.
- We charge you $6 for USPS standard shipping to the US per order. You can charge your customer whatever you want for shipping.
- For international shipping – we charge you our cost, which varies order by order…some ideas of cost are here…can be higher or lower https://artofsoundmusic.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo
- After your first payment to us, we will share a DropBox folder with you to add COPIES or your scores, parts, and covers you need us to print. Each piece should have a unique catalog number as indicated in the file names.
- If you don’t have a cover, we can create one for you for an additional fee.
- We will impose the music as needed
- Your scores/parts should be “print-ready”; we do not adjust or fix the engraving, page turns, etc., though this is available at an extra cost.
- As we are operating a printing service, we don’t charge or collect sales tax, even if the “ship to” address is located in New Jersey, our business location.
Whenever you get a customer hard copy order
- Email email@example.com with what needs to be printed, the list price and where to ship it
- Make sure a COPY of the music, cover, etc. to be printed is saved in the shared DropBox folder
- We provide one packing slip and can ship to a single address for each order placed with us.
- We print the item(s) ordered
- We put everything in a mailer and typically ship within 1 business day to the specified address
- After the items ships, we’ll email the shipper’s tracking number to you. If your customer has a question on package whereabouts, you would be responsible for following up with the shipping carrier and customer.
We look forward to serving your music print/ship needs.
For questions or to get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.