We use our in-house facilities to print all hard copy music ordered on our website and to serve the print/ship needs of external composer/arrangers such as Wycliffe Gordon and Andrew Boysen. We are accepting new Print and Ship service clients for a limited period of time.
Our customers enjoy the following benefits with our Print & Ship Service:
- We professionally print music (imposition, parts, page turns, score binding, etc.) with great quality and do it every day
- Economical pricing
- Can mail music to you or direct to your customers
- Simplify your life – Avoid trips to the copy center, stop dealing with print counter personnel that don’t know the difference between a quarter note and a quarter keg!
- No more trips to the post office
- Reduce equipment/supplies cost and clutter if doing your own printing – paper, toner, binding, envelopes, packing slips, machines, etc.
What we print for each musical work
- All parts including any multiples (e.g. 8 copies of Violin I for the section) or alternate parts needed (e.g. Trumpet in B♭ alt. for Trumpet in C, etc.)
- Color or grayscale covers on white, 80lb card stock.
- Black and white score pages on Tabloid, Legal, Concert or Letter (depending on score size) white 28lb paper. From octavo to tabloid and every size in between.
- Saddle stitched binding for smaller scores. Black spiral coil binding for larger scores.
- 1 page parts on white 68 lb. letter size paper
- Multi-page parts on white 28 lb. tabloid and folded/saddle stitched
- Orchestral page size can be made Concert size (9 x12) upon request
- Delivery via USPS with tracking number provided to you
- Order typically ship within 1 business day from when we receive the complete order information and source PDFs
Packing Slip included with order
- Your branding or Art of Sound Music Branding
- Your return address or Art of Sound Music
- PDF of score and parts, ready for imposition/printing in DropBox
- PDF of cover in DropBox
- List retail price
Cost to You
- On a per piece basis….we charge you 20% of your list (i.e. non-discounted) price or $5, whichever is higher. Includes paper, printing, binding, covers, packing materials…all materials and labor. If the piece has no price or is under-priced, we will determine a fair market price. There are no setup fees, no handling fees and no imposition fees.
- There is $75/month minimum spend with us, which is prepaid prior to month start. This the amount of print/ship charges, not the sum of the retail prices. The $75/month minimum is applied each month, regardless of spend levels in past or future months (there is no “carry over”). We may offer a la carte pricing in the future for lower volume customers.
- If your print/ship cost in a given month is between $75 and $125, the difference will be billed at the end of the month. If the print/ship cost in the month exceeds $125, the overage will be billed and due prior to any more music being printed.
- We charge you $6 for USPS standard shipping to the US per order. You can charge your customer whatever you want for shipping.
- For international shipping – we charge you our cost, which varies order by order…some ideas of cost are here…can be higher or lower https://artofsoundmusic.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo
- After your first payment to us, we will share a DropBox folder with you to add COPIES or your scores, parts and covers you need us to print. Each piece should have a unique catalog number as indicated in the file names.
- If you don’t have a cover, we can create one for you for an additional fee.
- We will impose the music as needed
- Your scores/parts should be “print ready”; we do not adjust or fix the engraving, page turns, etc., though this is available at an extra cost.
- As we are operating a printing service, we don’t charge or collect sales tax, even if the “ship to” address is located in New Jersey, our business location.
Whenever you get a customer hard copy order
- Email email@example.com with what needs to be printed, the list price and where to ship it
- Make sure a COPY of the music, cover, etc. to be printed is saved in the shared DropBox folder
- We provide one packing slip and can ship to a single address for each order placed with us.
- We print the item(s) ordered
- We put everything in a mailer and typically ship within 1 business day to the specified address
- After the items ships, we’ll email the shipper’s tracking number to you. If your customer has a question on package whereabouts, you would be responsible for following up with the shipping carrier and customer.
At the end of each month we will email to you detailed records of what was printed/shipped and costs. You can cancel your plan with us at any time by sending us an email. Charges will cease at the end of the calendar month in which the cancellation notice is received. We reserve the right to cancel your service at any time and would return any unused funds for the current month.
We look forward to serving your music print/ship needs.
For questions or to get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.